nibbles and canapes
cakes and biscuits
cupcakes and muffins
|spicy gingerbread (men)|
christmas wouldnt be christmas without gingerbread men, and this is my
all time favourite recipe for them. its got loads of different spices
that work really well together. its a shame my icing skills aren't very
1. gently melt the butter, muscovado sugar and syrup in a large pan until the sugar dissolves.
2. Mix the flour, spices and ½ tsp salt. Cool the butter mixture a little, then stir in the bicarb. Immediately add half the spiced flour and beat well.
3. Add the egg and the rest of the spiced flour, then beat well again until the mixture comes together as a soft dough.
4. Tip onto a sheet of foil, flatten to a large disc. Then cool and chill until firm.
5. heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas. shape or cut your dough into gingerbread or any other shapes, and arrange well spaced apart on baking sheets. Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden. Leave to harden, then lift onto a rack.